“The voice of an angel and the heart of a warrior” – Childhelp Founders
14 year old Rosevelt Rawls is an international singer/songwriter, talk show host and Childhelp ambassador who is speaking up against child abuse!
With a love of singing and a heart to help other children, Rosevelt set out on this journey at the age of 9 when she met & sang with the legendary Dick Van Dyke. This opened many doors (& hearts) to listen to what this young leader had to say. Since then, she took the challenge to raise $1,000,000 to help abused children.
Singing primarily for charity/nonprofit events, Rosevelts voice melts the heart and catches the attention of all who hear her. Thousands of people, including celebrities, politicians, businesses and schools have taken Rosevelt’s #5toomany social media challenge to bring awareness to the fact that 5 kids die everyday because of abuse – Rosevelt says “That’s 5 too many!” www.5toomany.com
“With The Love of a Child” is a duet with WWE Superstar Mickie James and all proceeds benefit the 5 too many efforts of Childhelp.
Plus, a portion of proceeds from every song on Rosevelt’s FIRST album are donated to Childhelp.
#5toomany campaign – https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/5toomany/
Here are a few celebrities, that Rosevelt has worked with over the last 4 years:
Dick Van Dyke
Mark Victor Hanson
3 Doors Down
- “Rosie” music video – duet with Dick Van Dyke
- Starting a nonprofit organization “Music & The Message”
- “Anything you can do” & “Unforgettable” – LIVE duets with John O’Hurley
- Raising over $150,000 for abused, neglected and sex traffic victims
- Singing National Anthem at Coyotes NHL game, AZ State Senate & Phoenix Marathon
- Hosting a weekly talk show & podcast with her father: The Music & The Message Show
- Working with the guitar player and drummer from 3 Doors Down & bassist from Daughtry
- Dozens of LIVE performances at Childhelp Galas and other nonprofit fundraising events
- Dancing with The Pointer Sisters & REO Speedwagon on stage
- Having Curt Warner, Donovan McNabb & Nick Lowery take #RoseveltsChallenge
- Improvised song (LIVE) – with Lindsay Stirling
- Raising $75,000 in sponsorship money for an event
- Meeting Kathie Lee Gifford, Megan Kelly, Cheryl Ladd and Melissa Pederman
- Numerous radio & TV appearances with over 1 dozen articles written
Mark Victor Hansen (Chicken Soup Author) sent this unsolicited endorsement:
“Rosevelt is destined to become a gigantic superstar! At slightly over a decade of life, she is a mesmerizing platform professional that captures, inspires, and has every audience member fall in love with her, her music, songs and talent.”
A majority of the songs that Rosevelt chooses to sing have a message associated with the lyrics. From Lauren Daigle’s “You Say” & “Rescue” to Andra Day’s “Rise Up”, each song gives hope and inspiration to helping others, especially children. “O, America” is a beautiful message of standing true to the great country we live in. And two originals “Somebody’s Child” and “My Own” are dedicated to Rosevelt’s two favorite charities: Childhelp & Operation Underground Railroad. Both songs show love & strength to those affected by abuse & abandonment.
The Music and The Message was started by Rosevelt in an effort to raise money and awareness for Childhelp, but has quickly become much more! Not only is it a nonprofit organization that holds an annual concert fundraiser, which had Tim Ballard & Elizabeth Smart as Keynote speakers, but it is now a weekly talk show & podcast hosted by Rosevelt and her father Jef Rawls. And coming soon, they will implement a Music & Message tour to schools around the country to spread the message of “Speak Up Be Safe” and online safety.
Also coming soon, is Rosevelt’s very own published magazine featuring articles surrounding The Music & The Message.